The Biomedical Informatics Entrepreneurs Salon (BIES), which the department cohosts with Harvard University's Office of Technology Development, meets monthly on Wednesdays 4:30–6:30 pm in the Waterhouse Room of Gordon Hall at HMS to promote entrepreneurship at the convergence of biology, medicine, and computing. In addition to hearing industry leaders speak, participants will have the chance to look for collaborators, employees, advisors, customers, or investors. Bring your ideas, get some pizza!
BIES is open to everyone. Tickets are free but limited, and registration is required.
Join our mailing list to receive invitations to future events.
- Will Crawford, Vice President of Engineering at Fitbit
- D. Levin Brown, MD, MPH; CEO, FleetHealth
- David Shaywitz, M.D., Ph.D., CMO, DNAnexus, and Visiting Scientist, Dept. Biomedical Informatics, HMS
- David De Graaf, PhD, CEO, Syntimmune
- Chris Colbert, MBA, Director of Programming at Harvard i-Lab
- Dan Gebremedhin MD, MBA, Senior Associate, Flare Capital Partners
- Roz Picard, Sc.D., IEEE Fellow, Professor, MIT Media Lab, and founder of Empatica
- David Altshuler, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Global Research and Chief Scientific Officer, at Vertex
- Luba Greenwood, JD, Vice President, Global Mergers & Acquisitions and Business Development, at Roche
3-24-2016 Photo Gallery
- Aman Bhandari, PhD, Executive Director of Data Science & Insights at Merck
- John Boyce, CEO Exosome Diagnostics, former CEO of GnuBIO