The DBMI Open Insights Seminars are occasional research talks related to the mission of the Department of Biomedical Informatics. This includes themes such as:
- Provisioning big data to the scientific community
- Getting the big picture on human health
- Learning from each patient
- Advancing basic science with data science
- Understanding disease beyond heredity: environmental impact
- Instrumenting the health enterprise for discovery and intervention
This interdisciplinary seminar provides an open forum to engage participants in a discussion about the future of quantitative methods and engineering in biomedicine. The seminar features local, national, and international speakers who are leaders in their field and have an interest in engaging with the larger community while visiting DBMI to meet with colleagues.
Selected talks are available on our YouTube channel.
Thursday, November 1
Nikolaus Rajewsky, PhD
Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology
Countway Library, Minot Room (5th Floor)