The Center for Computational Biomedicine (CCB) at Harvard Medical School is looking for an experienced Computational Biologist to take a leading role in its mission to support the broad use of leading edge computational and analytic methods at HMS. The CCB is a new center whose mission is to provide computational expertise in a variety of areas including: genetics, genomics, AI/ML and image analysis. The candidate will be either Data Scientist or Senior Data Scientist, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The role involves working with various labs in HMS providing expertise in analyzing, visualizing and integrating genetic and genomic data. The data sources will often be at the leading edge of scientific discovery and technical development and some methodological work may be required. The successful candidate will have strong skills in R or Python, strong quantitative and communication skills. They will be able to work independently and collaboratively on scientific problems and deliver solutions.
The CCB is a new center in HMS that will provide computational and analytic resources to advance scientific discovery within HMS. It has a multi-disciplinary team of computational and quantitative scientists who work collaboratively both within the center and with members of the HMS community.
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology or related field.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Technical expertise in molecular biology, genetics, or genomics.
- Ability to program at a high level in R or Python.
- Substantial experience analyzing genetic or genomic data.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of git or similar tools for software development.
- Experience writing data publishing tools that support user interaction such as RStudio’s Shiny or Connect applications.
- Experience with relational and noSQL data bases.
- Ability to work on teams and to lead teams.
- Strong communication skills.
Send letter of interest and CV to Susanne_Churchill@hms.harvard.edu