To apply to the Accelerated Master of Biomedical Informatics program, applicants must have received a PhD, MD, or comparable doctoral degree from an accredited domestic or foreign institution. Eligible doctoral degrees include, but are not limited to, the following: DDS, DMD, DO, DVM, OD, DPM, ScD, EngD, DrPH, DNSc, PharmD, DSW, and PsyD. Medical students who are enrolled in a clinically based doctoral degree and hold a Bachelor's degree who are looking to take a research year are also eligible to apply.
Entering MBI students must demonstrate either through coursework, practical training, or other relevant experience the following:
- Understanding of statistical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Understanding of basic programming techniques.
- Knowledge of computer science concepts.
International Student Requirements
International student applicants for whom English is not their native language must demonstrate English Language Proficiency by meeting one of the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited institution where English is the language of instruction.
- Obtain a score of 103 or higher on the TOEFL exam.
- Obtain a score of 7.5 or higher on the IELTS exam
- Obtain a score of 125 or higher on the Duolingo English Test