To receive information about the MBI program and deadlines, please sign up for our mailing list.
The application for Fall 2023 admission is currently open and can be accessed at apply.masters.hms.harvard.edu/apply
The optional early decision deadline for Fall 2023 for Accelerated Program applicants ONLY is November 3, 2022, at 11:59 PM ET. Applicants to the accelerated program can still apply after this optional early decision deadline.
The application deadline for all programs for Fall 2023 admission is January 12, 2023, at 11:59 PM ET.
The Master of Biomedical Informatics program is an in-residence program offered fully in-person at the Harvard Medical School campus in Boston, Massachusetts. There is no option to complete the program online.
Required Application Materials
- Online form
- Personal Statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- All transcripts from degree-granting institutions
Standardized Test Scores
- The application does NOT require GRE or other standardized test scores. We do not review submitted GRE scores.
International Student Requirements
International student applicants for whom English is not their native language must demonstrate English Language Proficiency by meeting one of the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral Degree from an accredited institution where English is the language of academic instruction at the time of expected program matriculation.
- Obtain a score of 103 or higher on the TOEFL iBT exam.
- Obtain a score of 11 or higher on the TOEFL Essentials exam.
- Obtain a score of 7.5 or higher on the IELTS Academic exam
- Obtain a score of 125 or higher on the Duolingo English Test
Applicants submitting a TOEFL score should select “3151 Harvard Med Sch Grad Educ MS.”
Applicants submitting a IELTS Academic score should contact the test center where they completed the test to request that their scores be sent via E-Delivery to:
Harvard Medical School Graduate Education Master's Programs
Applicants submitting a Duolingo English Test score should search for "Harvard Medical School" and select the appropriate program.
Application Fee Waiver
- The deadline to request an application fee waiver was January 11, 2023, at 12 pm Eastern Time. We are no longer reviewing fee waiver requests.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions regarding the application fee waiver.
Please contact us with any questions about the application process.