To receive information about the MBI program and deadlines, please fill out the submission form
The application for Fall 2023 admission will open in October, 2022. Information about Fall 2023 admission deadlines will be posted here in September, 2022. If you would like to receive information about upcoming program deadlines, please use this link.
The Master of Biomedical Informatics program is an in-residence program offered fully in-person at the Harvard Medical School campus in Boston, Massachusetts. There is no option to complete the program online.
Required Application Materials
- Online form
- Personal Statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- All transcripts from degree-granting institutions
Standardized Test Scores
- The application does NOT require GRE or other standardized test scores. We do not review submitted GRE scores.
International Student Requirements
International student applicants for whom English is not their native language must demonstrate English Language Proficiency by meeting one of the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral Degree from an accredited institution where English is the language of academic instruction at the time of expected program matriculation.
- Obtain a score of 103 or higher on the TOEFL exam.
- Obtain a score of 7.5 or higher on the IELTS exam
- Obtain a score of 125 or higher on the Duolingo English Test
Applicants submitting a TOEFL score should select “3151 Harvard Med Sch Grad Educ MS.”
Application Fee Waiver
- An application fee waiver is available to all applicants who are also applying for consideration for the BIRT Fellowship and any applicant for whom the $100 fee waiver would be a demonstrated hardship.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about receiving an application fee waiver.
Please contact us with any questions about the application process.