To receive information about the MBI program and deadlines, please fill out the form in the following link: http://bit.ly/mbi-info
The application for admission in Fall 2021was due February 5, 2021. The application for Fall 2022 admission will open in fall 2021.
- Early Decision Deadline for Clinical Fellowship and Biomedical Informatics and Data Science Research Training (BIRT) Fellowship Applicants:
- November 2, 2020 - this deadline has passed.
- Regular Decision Deadline for all programs, including BIRT Fellowship applicants who have missed the November 2 early decision deadline:
- February 5, 2021 - this deadline has passed
The Master of Biomedical Informatics program is an in-residence program that is intended to be offered fully in-person at the Harvard Medical School campus in Boston, Massachusetts.
For the 2020 - 2021 academic year, the MBI program is being offered fully online as a safety measure in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Decisions about whether the program will be offered in-person or online will continue to be made on a semester-by-semester basis depending on the course of the pandemic and current public health guidelines. The MBI program in fall 2021 will be offered either fully in-person or fully online. No hybrid format will be offered. .
Applicants to the MBI program for fall 2021 admission must be prepared to be in-residence in Boston or complete one or more semesters online if current public health guidelines persist. Applicants should not expect to be able to complete the program entirely online.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the program format.
Required Application Materials
- Online form
- Personal Statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- All transcripts from degree-granting institutions (Uploaded unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application. Only admitted students will be asked to send official transcripts.)
Standardized Test Scores
- The application does NOT require GRE or other standardized test scores
International Student Requirements
International student applicants for whom English is not their native language must demonstrate English Language Proficiency by meeting one of the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral Degree from an accredited institution where English is the language of academic instruction at the time of expected program matriculation.
- Obtain a score of 103 or higher on the TOEFL exam.
- TOEFL iBT Home Edition test accepted for Fall 2021 applicants.
- Obtain a score of 7.5 or higher on the IELTS exam
- IELTS indicator test results will only be accepted for application purposes. Applicants who are offered admission will need to provide official IELTS exam scores or official scores from another accepted exam.
- Obtain a score of 125 or higher on the Duolingo English Test
Applicants submitting a TOEFL score should select “3151 Harvard Med Sch Grad Educ MS.”
Application Fee Waiver
- An application fee waiver is available to all applicants who are also applying for consideration for the BIRT Fellowship and any applicant for whom the $100 fee waiver would be a demonstrated hardship.
- Please contact email@example.com to learn more about receiving an application fee waiver.
Please contact us with any questions about the application process.