Postdoctoral Positions in the Group of Chirag Patel
Single Cell Transcriptomics/Aging
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Postdoctoral Researcher to join the labs of Dr. Isaac Kohane and Dr. Chirag Patel at Harvard Medical School Department for Biomedical Informatics. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research in single-cell transcriptomics with a specific focus on aging. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with Dr. Kohane's lab, Dr. Chirag Patel's lab, and Dr. Lee Rubin's lab at Harvard's Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology Department. This collaborative effort aims to advance our understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying aging and age-related diseases using state-of-the-art single cell transcriptomic technologies.
- Conduct experiments in the field of single cell transcriptomics to investigate the molecular changes associated with aging and age-related diseases.
- Perform data analysis and interpretation of single cell transcriptomic datasets, including data preprocessing, quality control, differential expression analysis, and identification of cell subtypes and their gene expression profiles.
- Collaborate closely with Dr. Isaac Kohane's lab, Dr. Chirag Patel's lab, and Dr. Lee Rubin's lab to integrate single cell transcriptomic data with other omics data types, such as genomics, epigenomics, and proteomics, to gain comprehensive insights into the aging process.
- Contribute to the development and optimization of novel single cell transcriptomic methodologies and technologies for studying aging and age-related diseases.
- Work on the application of computational and statistical approaches, including machine learning algorithms, for the analysis and interpretation of single cell transcriptomic data.
- Publish research findings in high-impact scientific journals and present research outcomes at conferences and seminars.
- Collaborate with other members of the research teams, including graduate students and technicians, providing guidance and support in their research projects related to single cell transcriptomics and aging.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in single cell transcriptomics, aging biology, and computational approaches, actively participating in scientific discussions and journal clubs.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field, such as Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline with a track record of publishing high-quality research papers in the field.
- Strong expertise and hands-on experience in single cell transcriptomics data including preprocessing pipelines and downstream analyses.
- Research background in the biology of aging and age-related diseases.
- Proficiency in R or Python.
- Experience with computational and statistical approaches, including machine learning algorithms, for analyzing biological data.
- Familiarity with integrating multi-omics datasets and applying computational approaches for integrative analysis is highly desirable.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, a list of references, and copies of your most significant publications or preprints to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harvard Medical School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.