The Bioinformatics and Integrative Genomics PhD (BIG) is an inter-departmental program that trains future leaders in the field of bioinformatics and genomics. Our mission is to provide our graduate students with the tools to conduct original research in the development of novel approaches and new technologies to address fundamental biological questions.
Students will be joint members of BIG and a ‘home program’ chosen from one of the four DMS programs (BBS, Immunology, Neuroscience, or Virology). BIG students will follow the curriculum and participate in activities of the home program, which will be supplemented with BIG programmatic and curricular offerings.
Affiliated Academic Departments:
- Division of Genetics, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Informatics Program, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Center for Computational and Integrative Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Harvard Stem Cell Institute
- Department of Systems Biology
- Department of Neurobiology