Master of Biomedical Informatics Program
The Master of Biomedical Informatics (MBI) program at Harvard Medical School is designed to advance the use of biomedical data, information, and knowledge for scientific inquiry, problem-solving, and decision making. This program is created for students who are looking to develop skills in data science in the context of medicine and biological sciences to improve human health. Our students graduate with the computational, methodological, and data science skills to contribute to an ongoing revolution in biomedical discovery.
To receive information about the MBI program and deadlines, please fill out the form at the following link: http://bit.ly/mbi-info
There are two routes to earning the MBI degree depending on a student's previous academic training:
- For students who hold a Bachelor's or Master's degree but do not hold a Doctoral degree.
- Completed in 3 full-time semesters, with a summer break away from coursework to pursue internship or research opportunities.
- Aimed at students who have demonstrated aptitude in a quantitative field, either through an undergraduate degree or other significant training.
- Click here to learn more about the 48-Credit Program
- For students who hold a Doctoral degree or are enrolled in an MD program
- Completed in 2 semesters full-time OR 4 semesters part-time.
- Aimed at postdocs and MD students who are interested in gaining didactic training in data science and informatics for advancement in their research or clinical careers.
- Click here to learn more about the Accelerated MBI Program
Both programs include a range of foundational courses in quantitative and biomedical subjects, as well as courses in emerging areas such as precision medicine, data science, and data visualization. All students complete a capstone research project with a Harvard faculty member.
The application for Fall 2021 was due February 5, 2021. The application for Fall 2022 admission will open in fall 2021. Please visit the Apply tab to access the application portal and for additional application information. Sign up to our mailing list to receive reminders and information about the program.
We have concluded our information sessions for this cycle. Please check out the MBI Info Session Page to watch a recording of one of our recent info sessions.
Please send all admissions inquiries and application questions to email@example.com. Emails sent directly to program staff will be forwarded to this address and may take longer for us to get back to.
To receive information about the MBI program and deadlines, please fill out the form in the following link: http://bit.ly/mbi-info